Hire terms and conditions
- 1. Acceptance
- All bookings are accepted and equipment supplied subject to the following express
terms and conditions and no additions or alterations shall apply unless specifically
agreed between Canford Audio PLC and the Hirer.
- 2. Bookings
- Bookings will be accepted over the phone but only guaranteed if a fax or written
confirmation follows within 24 hours. Acceptance of a telephone booking by Canford
Audio PLC constitutes a hire agreement between the parties.
- 3. Extra costs
- In the event of any variation or suspension or orders through the Hirer's
instructions or lack of instructions, prices may be increased to cover any extra
expenses thereby incurred by Canford Audio PLC. Carriage charges are added to each
invoice at cost. Value added tax will be added at the current rate to all domestic
(UK) hire invoices.
- 4. Cancellations
- Cancellations of a booking may be accepted or refused at the discretion of Canford
Audio PLC and any such acceptance shall be subject to payment by the Hirer of a
cancellation charge according to the scale of percentages below. This charge may
be waived at the discretion of the Seller.
|Number of days of cancellation before start of hire booking
||Percentages of total hire charges payable as cancellation charge
|15 days or more
- 5. Extensions
- Any extension of hire beyond the original period must be agreed with Canford
Audio PLC. Any not agreed may be charged the full daily rate without discount, and
the hirer may forfeit any discounts previously agreed.
- 6. Equipment failure
- In the unlikely event of an equipment failure, Canford Audio PLC undertakes
to effect a repair as quickly as possible, or to provide alternative equipment.
If neither of these alternatives are possible and the failure is due to malfunction
of the equipment not associated with the electricity supply, Canford Audio PLC will
refund or credit the hire charge, or a proportion of the hire charge representing
pro-rata the remaining period of the booking, and Hirer will have no further claim
on Canford Audio PLC.
- 7. Loss and damage
- If any equipment is stolen or damaged during the period of a hire Canford Audio
PLC reserves the right to cancel the contract. Any monies received up to that date
will be retained and Canford Audio PLC will require payment up to that date. The
Hirer will be liable to pay the replacement cost of equipment stolen or damaged
within fourteen days of the incident. Canford Audio PLC also retain its common law
rights in respect of loss or damage caused as a result of its property being stolen
or damaged during the period of hire. In respect of this liability, the Hirer should
comprehensively insure equipment for the full hire period from despatch from our
premises to safe receipt. Insurance values will be supplied upon request.
- 8. Recovery
- Canford Audio PLC reserves the right to recover the equipment at any time
if any part of the contract is broken, if the hire charges are not paid as due,
if the client is insolvent or declared bankrupt, or in the case of a client that
is a corporate body, is subject to winding up proceedings in respect of which a
receiver is appointed.
- 9. Hire termination
- Canford Audio PLC reserves the right to terminate the hire at any time. Any equipment
must be returned within 48 hours of such a termination. Failure to return within
this time period will render the Hirer liable to pay full retail price for the equipment.
- 10. Title
- All equipment remains the property of Canford Audio PLC at all times, and unauthorised
interference with the equipment is not permitted. Any costs incurred as a result
of damage due to unauthorised action shall be borne by the Hirer.
- 11. Power supply
- Mains powered equipment is intended to operate on 230V AC 50Hz and is supplied with
cables to 13 Amp BS1363 plugs. The Hirer shall be liable for any damage whatsoever
caused by deviation from supply defined above. Attention is drawn to Condition 16
- 12. Delivery claims
- All systems will be carefully checked before despatch, but all claims for missing
items or faulty operation on receipt must be made by telephone or email within 24
hours of receipt of the equipment. Hirers' are advised to check systems carefully
- 13. Returns shortages
- Items found to be missing on the return of equipment will be charged for at cost
in accordance with their current sales list price, so Hirers should check equipment
carefully before despatch, paying particular attention to accessories.
- 14. Re-coiling
- All cables must be returned neatly coiled. For any cable returned in an unsatisfactory
condition. The Hirer will be liable to a recoiling charge of £1.50 per cable, subject
to a minimum charge of £5.00.
- 15. Retermination
- For any cables returned with connectors changed or removed, the Hirer will be liable
to a retermination charge of £5.00 per connector, plus the cost of the new connectors,
if these are required, in accordance with current sales prices.
- 16. Terms of payment
- Where credit terms are allowed, terms of payment are strictly nett and payable by
the 14th of the month following month of invoice. If no credit terms are given a
Visa or Mastercard credit or payment card must be used. Invoices for hire periods
of less than one month will be issued at the end of the hire period. For hire periods
exceeding one month invoices will be issued monthly and at the end of the hire period.
- 17. Force Majeure
- Canford Audio PLC shall not be liable for any delay in or failure to perform
any of its obligations hereunder if the delay of failure is caused by circumstances
outside the reasonable control of Canford Audio PLC.
- 18. Legal construction
- These conditions and the contract to which the document relates shall in all
respects be construed and operate in accordance with English Law. These conditions
do not reduce or diminish any statutory rights in force at the time of agreement
of the contract of the sale of Common Law rights of either party. All contracts
concluded with Canford Audio PLC shall be governed by English Law. These conditions
override and supersede any previous conditions of hire issued by Canford Audio PLC,
and override any Hirer's own conditions of purchase.