Engineering Apprenticeship – in conjunction with Weymouth College
Production – Production Control Operations
37.5/week; Mon-Thurs 07:30-16.30, Fri 07:30-13.20
£12,000.00 per year
Canford, market leaders in professional audio, video & broadcast have an opportunity for an apprentice to join our Portland team. Regarded as the ‘preferred source’ for custom metalwork and bespoke solutions for major broadcast/AV integrators in the UK and globally, the Portland site is looking for a pro-active, adaptable and enthusiastic candidate, with an eagerness to develop and excel in their professional career, whilst working to maintain and increase our strong reputation and capabilities to meet challenges for the future in a highly dynamic and technical industry.
There are some excellent development opportunities for the right candidate within this position. Canford Audio Ltd. believes in developing its employees, funding training & qualifications, supporting & encouraging them to reach their full potential. The successful candidate will have opportunities to progress to a higher apprenticeship, develop their skills and knowledge in a permanent position and participate in further education to HNC & Foundation Degree level. Once qualified as a production engineer, responsibilities will include product development, technical sales, site supervision and project/operations management as well as the potential for future progression.
The apprentice will work under supervision of the production engineer to initially learn a variety of shop floor roles including product assembly, CNC machining centre operation, laser engraving and other workshop tasks. Practical tasks in other departments to aid understanding of process and product knowledge. As they develop in their apprenticeship, they will work in other areas such as stores, maintenance, quality assurance and design to develop production control knowledge.
Desired Skills & Qualifications
- Qualifications – A-Level preferably in a core subject, a minimum of 5 GCSEs A*-C / 9-4 to include Maths & English
- Good communication, interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Willingness to take on hands on tasks
- Technical, IT and Maths skills are important to this role
- The individual should be committed and adaptable to diverse challenges
- Proactive and driven person with keen interest to develop their professional engineering career
- Positive approach to problem solving and delivering solutions
- Attendance and punctuality is expected to be excellent
What we offer
- On-site parking
- Casual dress - smart casual
- Company events
- Generous holiday allowance
- Your birthday off each year
- Sick pay
- Ride to work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Death in Service Benefit
- Fully funded Apprenticeship
- Excellent learning & development opportunities
About Canford: Canford Audio Ltd is a busy, world-renowned audio, visual and broadcast manufacturing & distribution company based in Washington, Tyne & Wear. The manufacturing team, located in Portland, Dorset, is a tight-knit, welcoming group, looking to recruit new apprentices. The Portland site has a history of developing exceptional apprentices who have progressed and exceled within the business and are delighted to offer this fresh opportunity to follow this trend. If this sounds like you and you would like to join our professional team then please apply below.
Further information on Weymouth College Engineering Apprenticeships available here - Engineering - Weymouth College