Apprentice Sales Administrator
International Sales, Permanent, 37.5 hpw
Highly proactive, self-motivated with the desire to exceed you are responsible for business relationships with an existing customer base as well as developing and maintaining relationships with new customers. Preparing and processing quotations and orders whilst providing a high level of customer service. Ability to understand product portfolio and application is important. You would be driven to develop over time, with support and training, into a field sales role.
Washington, Tyne & Wear and various locations to visit customers and attend trade exhibitions when required.
- Processing orders, progressing quotations and responding to customer queries and issues in a responsive and timely manner
- Processing quotations for catalogue and non-catalogue items. Liaising with Purchasing, Technical Support and Production when necessary
- Monitoring open orders ensuring that goods are despatched in a reasonable time frame
- Chasing all outstanding quotations and dealing with any objections that may arise in order to convert to a sales order
- Handling inbound sales calls from customers
- Develop and maintain a good understanding of the product portfolio and applications
- Carrying out customer care calls
- Identify and follow up on any potential sales opportunities
- Making proactive sales calls to new and existing customers
- Growing and developing existing key customer accounts
- Achieve and exceed all agreed sales targets set by the International Sales Manager
- Liaising with the Shipping team to ensure goods leave according to requirements and all documentation is correct.
Skills / Competencies:
- Excellent communication skills
- Computer literate and good knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to prioritise workload
- Ability to multi-task and handle a fast paced workload
- Willingness to learn and develop
Qualifications / Experience:
- Administration or Sales experience would be desirable but not essential
- Minimum GSCE C+ passes or equivalent
- To complete apprenticeship Level 2 in Customer Service
Meets Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage
Hours per week 37 ½
Monday to Friday, 09:00 – 17:30
Please send, with your CV, a covering letter stating why you would be interested in this opportunity.
The apprenticeship will be provided by our local training provider.