Due to business expansion we are looking to recruit for the following position.
Sheet Metal Workshop Supervisor
Monday to Thursday – 08:00-17:00, Friday – 08:00-13:50
Main Duties / Responsibilities:
The role is a hands on workshop based position that will report directly to the factory general manager and include the following responsibilities;
- Working alongside and overseeing a small team to meet the requirements of a sometimes demanding and rapidly changing schedule to satisfy customer orders.
- Ensuring that staff within the sheet metal department are working effectively and efficiently at all times.
- Working closely with the Sheet Metal Design Engineer with respect to best practice in all operational, quality and technical matters
- Advising, assisting and implementing procedures and practices to ensure full compliance with all mandatory and legislative requirements with respect to Health and Safety and maintenance.
- Covering the critical responsibilities of the Sheet Metal Design Engineer in their absence whilst also training to offer full cover/additional design resource in the future,
- Positively contributing to the overall operation and team in a fast moving production environment to ensure we maintain and further develop our hard earned reputation for both outstanding customer service levels and quality standards.
The list is not exhaustive.
Qualifications / Experience:
The ideal candidate for the above position would be required to:
- Demonstrate the relevant experience and capability in some or all aspects of sheet metal fabrication and the ability to manage a small team.
- Be conversant with AutoCAD/Solidworks (or similar) and CADCAM CNC programming packages relating to sheet metal working equipment or prepared to undertake training in these areas as required (this may be external off site training)
- Be very creative with a mind geared towards helping to develop innovative high quality solutions in a very competitive cost conscious market
- Demonstrate a good understanding and application of Health and Safety legislation and requirements surrounding sheet metal fabrication equipment
- Show excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Be able to work under their own initiative and with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication skills at all levels within a team environment.
- Be flexible, supportive and understanding to the needs of a fast moving production environment.
- Be flexible towards working extra hours when required.
- Be conscientious and be able to demonstrate an excellent timekeeping and attendance record.
The role of Sheet Metal Workshop Supervisor will be a busy and demanding one that will be both enjoyable and rewarding for the right candidate. This is an excellent and unique opportunity to become established and grow with a successful and long established independent company that operates as an EOT and is run for the benefit of its staff as opposed to shareholders or owners.
Health & Safety:
At Canford, all staff are responsible for health and safety in order to minimise any occupational risks within the workplace.
Departmental managers are responsible for ensuring that health and safety legislation and all internal policies and procedures are adhered to at all times, not only for their remit but the whole company. Managers must ensure that their staff have access to such health and safety information and positively encourage the reporting of any safety issues.