The TC Electronic Clarity M desktop audio meter provides a comprehensive set of precision tools essential to the success of any audio producer. Ideally suited to stereo and 5.1 mixing, mastering and post-production, CLARITY M’s 7" high-resolution LCD display provides a wealth of monitoring information at-a-glance via a single screen. Metering options include; the legendary LM6 Loudness Radar Meter; a state-of-the-art true peak meter; downmix compliance; stereo/surround correlation meters; and a RTA (Real Time Analyzer).
Source inputs come in a vast array of options including: USB for hassle-free VST*, Audio Units* and AAX* plug-in metering; 6 channels of unbalanced AES3 digital audio on 75 Ohm BNC connectors for broadcast-grade 5.1 metering; and stereo optical for maximum flexibility. CLARITY M is fully compliant with all major broadcast standards including ITU BS.1770-4, ATSC A/85, EBU R128, TR-B32 and OP-59, and is recommended for all studio environments.
- Professional stereo and 5.1 audio meter for mixing, mastering and post production
- 7” high resolution LCD display for precision metering in all studio environments
- USB connection for hassle-free VST*, Audio Units and AAX* plug-in metering
- Compliant with all major broadcast standards including ITU BS.1770-4, ATSC A/85, EBU R128, TR-B32 and OP-59
- 6 input channels of unbalanced AES3 digital audio on 75 Ohm BNC connectors for broadcast-grade 5.1 metering
- Legendary LM6 Loudness Radar Meter provides all essential loudness monitoring information on a single screen
- State-of-the-art true peak meter identifies clipping in DACs, CODECs and downstream filters
- Downmix compliance meter based on TC Electronic's industry-standard loudness measurement algorithms
- Precision stereo/surround correlation meters
- High accuracy real time analyzer with 1/3 octave resolution
- Detailed statistics overview for all key loudness measuring parameters
- Provision for custom logo on LCD display
- RAM-mount compatible for wall or ceiling mounting (not included)
- Stereo Optical Input for TOSLink* source
- General purpose input (GPI) for meter reset
- Designed and engineered in Denmark
CLARITY M provides a veritable toolbox of meter types to help you make the right mix and mastering decisions for truly professional recordings.
The high accuracy RTA with 1/3 octave resolution and individual band zoom provides a great overview of the spectral distribution of your mix.
Based on TC Electronic’s highly acclaimed True-Peak Technology, the CLARITY M is your guard against otherwise unpredictable clipping.
The Loudness Radar is essential when it comes to monitoring the loudness of your mix. With the loudness history overview on the scope, the radar helps get the levels just right, while the momentary loudness in the outer ring keeps an eye on your instant loudness level.
Loudness statistics not only keep you compliant with loudness standards, they also provide crucial information on other important aspects of your mix, such as micro dynamics and macro dynamics.
The Deviation meter is a fundamental tool to ensure your mix sounds great whether played back in 5.1, stereo or mono. This downmix compatibility meter is based on TC Electronic’s Loudness Technology, and provides the best means for determining the status of your mix fold down.
Whether you mix in 5.1 surround or stereo, the correlation meter helps identify phasing issues and other anomalies that are easy to miss when relying solely on your ears.
Merging Hardware with Plug-ins
While CLARITY M is an exceptional hardware stand-alone desktop meter, it also interacts seamlessly with your DAW workfl ow via plug-in metering – which is available for Pro Tools, Apple Logic Pro, Nuendo, and all other major VST*, AU* or AAX* compatible DAWs. CLARITY M is quite simply the ideal integration of two worlds.
Bring Clarity to Your World
CLARITY M provides a wealth of digital connectivity. Unbalanced AES3 (coaxial) and S/P DIF are available right out of the box, and optional adapters enable you to connect standard AES/EBU with ease. Additionally, you can use the TOSLink* port for optical input and the USB connection to work seamlessly with your favorite DAW.