We are committed to protecting the privacy of the information we may obtain as a result of your use of the website. We will treat any personal information (which means data from which you can be identified, including your name, address, e-mail address) that you provide to us, or that we obtain from you, in accordance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998.
Who we are
We are Canford Audio PLC, a company registered in England and Wales with company registration number 01385727. Our registered office is at Crowther Road, Washington, Tyne and Wear NE28 0BW If you have any queries about the information we hold on you, please contact our Data Protection Officer, who you may write to or contact by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on +44 191 418 1000.
We are entered on the Register of Data Controllers with registration no. Z6694860.
How we collect information about you
We are able to collect information about you through the following methods:
- We may collect information about you from your completion of our on-line forms or from any email you send to us.
- We may collect information about you from any content that you post on this website.
- We do analyse traffic on the site, but not in a way that identifies any individual visitor.
- We use 'cookies'.
Most browsers are automatically set to accept cookies but if you are using Microsoft's Internet Explorer or Netscape Navigator, you should be able to configure your browser to restrict cookies or block all cookies if you wish. This may, however, affect your ability to log into and use certain areas of our site. Browser-specific instructions on how to restrict or block cookies may be found on the IAB's website at www.allaboutcookies.org.
Two types of are used on this website: session cookies which are deleted when you close your browser, and persistent, which remain in the cookie folder on your hard disk until deleted.
No cookies on our site are served or used by third parties. We do not use "spyware", that is web bugs or hidden identifiers or other similar devices to gain access to information, store hidden information or to trace activities of users. More information on cookies can be found at www.allaboutcookies.org.
How do we use your information We will use your personal information to:
- provide you with any further details or information you request when you contact us;
- fulfil any order you make and to communicate with you in relation to our products and services;
- for any other purposes to which you have given your consent, which includes publication of material you post on our Discussion Board;
- and, if you agree at the time you submit your details to us, to send you information about our products and services and/or to disclose your details to other group companies of ours so that they can send you information on products and services in the areas of broadcast entertainment, music industry or commerce/industry. We will offer you the option of correcting your details and of being removed from our mailing lists when we write to you with this information.
Security and storage of your information
- Your information will be stored on our web server & other servers, mailing list, business system, etc. and we will keep our own backup copy. We may also store your information on paper or electronic format at our offices.
- We will keep your information secure by taking appropriate technical and organisational measures against its unauthorised or unlawful processing and against its accidental loss, destruction or damage. However you will be responsible for any password or other identifiers that we have provided to you for your use in respect of the web site.
With whom we may share your data
We will not share your information with any other organisation except in the following circumstances:
- We will share your information with another organisation to which we transfer, or are in discussions to transfer, our rights and obligations under our agreement with you.
- We may share information with another organisation that buys our company or our assets, or with another organisation from which we acquire a company or business, and in the course of any preceding negotiations with that organisation, which may or may not lead to a sale.
- We may share your information with any group companies of ours so that they can provide any products or services to you that you request.
- We will give third party providers who supply services to us (for example, as part of hardware or software maintenance) or who process information on our behalf (such as a hosting company) incidental access to your information. Any credit or debit card details are securely passed to our payment provider and your card issuer.
- We will disclose your information to enforcement authorities if asked to do so, or to a third party in the context of actual or threatened legal proceedings.
- You have the right to rectify any errors in information we hold about you and to change or correct any details you have already given us. Please inform us about changes to your details so that we can keep our records up to date.
- You have the right to be removed from any mailing list we hold at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
- You have a right to see a copy of the information we hold about you on payment of a statutory fee, which is currently £10. Before we agree to this, you must provide us with sufficient evidence of your identity and sufficient details of the information you wish to see to enable us to locate it.
Transfers outside Europe
Where you post information on our Discussion Board, in doing so you consent to that information being available outside of the EEA. We will not otherwise transfer your information outside the EEA. The EEA comprises certain countries within Europe (including the EU) which have similar laws on data protection. Other countries outside the EEA may not give the same level of protection to your information.
If you have any queries about the information we hold on you, or to make any amendments, please contact our Data Protection Officer, who you may write to or contact by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on +44 191 418 1000.
Further information about data protection issues including the online Register of Data Controllers can be found at www.informationcommissioner.gov.uk