VP64A and VP64AL
The VP64A and VP64AL are high-output omnidirectional handheld dynamic microphones designed for professional audio and video production. They combine exceptional performance and comfortable feel with a handsome on-camera appearance.
VP64A - Black, 7-7/8 inch (200 mm) handle, cable not included.
VP64AL - Black, 9-5/8 inch (244 mm) extended handle, cable not included.
The VP64A and VP64AL are identical except for handle length. The 200 mm (7-7/8 inch) long VP64A is ideal for close-up use and can be used outside as well as indoors. The VP64AL is well-suited to location interviews, sports broadcasting, and other situations where the 244 mm (9-5/8 inch) length is an advantage.
The omnidirectional pickup pattern provides uniform pickup on or off axis, eliminating the need for critical microphone positioning. The VP64A series also features a tailored frequency response with an upper midrange presence rise that adds crispness and clarity to speech. The cartridge utilizes a neodymium magnet for higher output and increased signal-to-noise ratio. An internal rubber isolation mount protects the microphone cartridge and minimizes handling noise. A water-resistant mesh grille allows the microphone to be used during the most challenging weather conditions. The supplied windscreen further reduces "pop" and wind noise.
- Neodymium magnet for increased output and maximized signal-to-noise ratio
- Tailored frequency response with mid-range presence rise for optimum speech clarity
- Omnidirectional polar pattern eliminates need for critical microphone positioning
- Internal isolation mount for low handling noise
- Water-resistant mesh grille repels water under challenging weather conditions
- Supplied windscreen for reduced pickup of pop and wind noise
- Comfortable feel
- Handsome appearance; ideal for on-camera applications
- Legendary Shure ruggedness
- Frequency response: 50 to 12,000 Hz
- Frequency Response
- 50 to 12,000 Hz
- view larger
- Polar Pattern
- Low (300 ohms actual)
- Output Level (at 1,000 Hz)
- Open Circuit Voltage: -51.5 dBV/Pa (2.7 mV)*
- *1 Pascal = 94 dB SPL
- Positive pressure on diaphragm produces positive voltage on pin 2 with respect to pin 3
- See User Guide
- Net Weight
- VP64A: 158 g (5.6 oz)
- VP64AL: 179 g (6.33 oz)
SHURE MICROPHONES - Broadcast and Wired Headsets
The VP64A and VP64AL are high-output omnidirectional handheld dynamic microphones designed for professional audio and video production. They combine 'exceptional performance and comfortable feel with a handsome on-camera appearance.' The VP88 is a single-point, stereo condenser microphone for use in professional studio recording, field production, electronic news gathering (ENG), and studio broadcasting applications. It is 'unique in its ability to capture the realism of a live event and yet withstand rigorous field production environments.' The WH20 is a rugged, lightweight, dynamic headset microphone that provides high-quality voice pickup. It fits securely for active microphone users, such as aerobics instructors and musicians, with low visibility for stage appearances. Suitable for any voice communications application where comfort and reliability are required. The WH20 has a cardioid (unidirectional) pickup pattern and a carefully shaped frequency response includes a voice-frequency presence peak and a low-frequency rolloff. The WH30 is designed for vocalists and instrument-playing vocalists. It utilises a high quality electret-condenser cartridge with a cardioid pickup pattern.