Signing this manifesto shows Canford’s commitment to wellbeing in our workplace. We’re not the only ones signed up, the campaign is growing in support – including Tom Fletcher, Rachel Riley, Professor Green, Anne-Marie; companies including WHSmith, Ford, Pepsi, PRS for music, and many more; and a growing number of MPs.
What does the manifesto mean?
- Canford recognises mental ill health doesn’t discriminate, it can affect anyone from CEOs, managers, MPs, members of the Royal family, or your own family.
- Canford aim to tackle the stigma associated with mental ill health, and prioritise mental health in the workplace.
- Canford will continue to grow a diverse and inclusive workplace.
- Canford will treat mental and physical health equally in the workplace and recognise every employee has a right to mental health first aid, just as they do physical first aid.
- Canford will strive to implement the six ‘core standards’ for a mentally healthy workplace
i. Produce, implement and communicate a mental health at work plan
ii. Develop mental health awareness among employees
iii. Encourage open conversations about mental health and the support available when employees are struggling
iv. Provide employees with good working conditions
v. Promote effective people management
vi. Routinely monitor employee mental health and wellbeing.