CANFORD UNIVERSAL CONNECTION PANELS - Economy
Multipurpose, 1U, 16 cut-out, economy connection panel with paper designation-strip holder with snap-on cover and cable lacing facility. The 'Universal Connection System' allows a wide range of connectors and switches, with the Neutrik 'D' series housing, or the Canford 'Universal' series connectors, to be assembled by the user in a single panel without special metalwork.
Manufactured from 1.2mm steel with a dual-angled bottom plate extending 100mm behind the panel face, offering rigidity and cable lacing slots. The cable lacing area aligns vertically with the lower edge of fitted connectors allowing clearance for cable ties and avoiding infringement of the rack space below. A designation-strip holder with snap-on cover is fitted, permitting the supplied paper strips to be inserted before or after installation; 7.5mm of printable height is available. Templates for printing designation strip labels, available as a DWG file for AutoCAD and compatible applications, can be downloaded from the appropriate product page on the Canford website.
Spare 432mm designation-strip paper (not suitable for printers) and covers are available, see Designation strips - snap on.
Finished in a hardwearing black powder coating and, unlike similar panels from other manufacturers, supplied complete with M3 pozi pan black screws, nuts and shakeproof washers for connector fixing.
The 'Universal Connection System' is primarily designed for the user requiring a small number of panels with a mixture of connectors, switches etc. If a larger number of custom populated panels or non-standard metalwork is required, this is also possible. For further information or a quotation please contact the custom metalwork team via email, email@example.com. Alternatively contact Sales. (A minimum order quantity of 10 off will usually apply to custom metalwork.)
- It is strongly recommended that a 42-029 Insulating cover is used with 'Speakon' and 'Powercon' connectors to protect against accidental contact with live pins at the rear of the panel.
- Neutrik locking jack sockets may be front or rear mounted but must have the latch bar removed if rear mounted.
- Neutrik 'Speakon' loudspeaker connectors must be alternately spaced (horizontally) with blanking plates to allow sufficient clearance between mated cable connectors.
- Neutrik MFD M3 tapped mounting frames, (40-790), are not suitable for use with the universal connection panels.
- Panels are supplied complete with M3 screws, nuts and shakeproof washers for connector fixing.
Manufactured by Canford.