A15TG Tone Generator
The Shure A15TG Tone Generator is a battery-powered 700 Hz signal source that can be used to troubleshoot low-impedance, balanced-line microphone inputs.
The A15TG includes a recessed On-Off switch and a three-pin XLR audio connector. A removable end cap allows easy battery installation and removal. The A15TG can also tolerate the presence of phantom power, or a short circuit in the line it is driving. Built-in short circuit protection allows normal operation to resume after a short is removed.
The A15TG can operate continuously for approximately 1000 hours on one 1.5V alkaline battery. To conserve battery power, make sure the On-Off switch is in the Off position when the A15TG is not in use.
Produces a continuous 700 Hz mic-level signal capable of driving low-impedance, balanced lines.
- 1,000 hours of battery life under continuous use
- On/Off switch
- XLR male output
- Output Frequency
- 700 Hz +- 20%, when terminated with 150 ohms
- Output Level
- -41.5 +- 4.5 dBV (8.4 mV typical) when terminated with 150 ohms
- Total Harmonic Distortion
- 5% typical for any output termination greater than or equal to 150 ohms
- Output Impedance
- <15 ohms
- Battery Type
- 1.5 V alkaline
- Temperature Range
- Operating: -12 to 50 degrees C (10 to 130 degrees F)
- Storage: -29 to 74 degrees C (-20 to 165 degrees F)
- Steel with gray enamel finish
- 19 mm (3/4 in.) diameter; 141 mm (5 17/32 in.) long